Tuesday 20 October 2009

Needlework with a twist


After my little brothers wedding I realised that many of the older generations were not around to produce some of the lovely samplers that I have, to celebrate my wedding. So I have set about that task myself. My first attempt was a mixed stitch sampler, which was ok but a little coarse. So I then went on to use Dan and Carries wedding invite ( seen beside the sampler, a little unusual in it's self) to inspire a needle point piece. I only put on their names and the date of their marriage. An unusual reminder, to hang some where discreet like the wardrobe!

3 comments:

Northern Hi-Lights said...

This is FANTASTIC!!! funnily enough I was thinking about funky embroidery after seeing trailer for 'where the wild things are' - This is amazing though, can't wait to see it in the flesh!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you've been busy during the hols!

Heather said...

Wow again! This is so cool..! Well done you.